What are Course Reserves
Course Reserves are materials that have been selected by your instructors and made available to you through the Library.
Items acquired for courses are referred to as "Course Reserves" and can be checked out from the Service Desk.
Materials may include:
- One copy of most required textbooks
- Supplemental readings (articles, book chapters, etc.)
- Anatomy models
- Style Manuals
Items NOT on reserve:
- Recommend textbooks (unless requested by the instructor)
- Lab manuals or workbooks.
- 2 hours for most materials; if the length is different, the library staff will let you know.
- Overnight checkouts are not allowed.
*Please return items on time to avoid overdue fines--the late fee is 50¢ per hour.
How can I find out of the library has materials for my classes on Course Reserve?
Where can I return a Course Reserve item?
All materials should be returned to the staff at the Service Desk. Please do not leave items at the Service Desk after the desk is closed. Items left at the Service Desk are your responsibility until checked in by library staff.
Is there a limit on how many Course Reserve items I can borrow?
No, with the exception of anatomy models. You may only check out 1 body part at a time.
Can I put a hold on a Course Reserve item?
No. These items are checked out and renewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Can I renew a Course Reserve item?
Yes, they can be renewed in person at the Service Desk. Renewals are only allowed if no one is waiting to use the item.